Going Manual:

Gift Aid

How to get sponsored for the Hill Race

Well you’re in the race and that is fantastic! You’ve already made a great contribution.

You might want to raise more money for the cause by getting sponsorship from friends, family or maybe work colleagues. You will be working for a very worthy cause and people will think that you are great and so they should because you are.

This page is to give you help and advice to make it easier.

This way is very straight forward. You print off a bunch of sponsor forms from the link below and get people to fill them in. Where you can we recommend getting the cash when the individual signs. This saves the job of chasing people after the event.

Sponsor Form

Gift Aid:

Sponsor Form

Charity donations are not taxable. Most people who give to charity don’t bother to declare it on their tax returns so this is a way of giving the tax refund to the charity instead. You have to be a UK taxpayer to do this. The link below is from MacMillan. It might be best to print a few copies off for your sponsors.

Gift Aid

Getting the money to us:

We will need any sponsorship money and the sponsor forms. You can pay by Cheque or  via the website. Click below for full instructions.

Going Electronic:

Maybe you want to dedicate your race to someone special or you have potential sponsors who live a long way away. The best way is to start a justgiving page. Just click the link below to register. When you are asked for a charity, select MacMillan Cancer Support.

IMPORTANT: If you want money from your page to go specifically to the Cancer Centre at Chesterfield Royal you must email the Web Administrator, with your page name who will make the necessary arrangements.

An easier option is to just direct people to our own justgiving page: www.justgiving.com/bolsoverhillrace

Contact Us JustGiving

IMPORTANT: To claim Gift Aid we will need your sponsor forms. You can either bring them with you on the day or post them to: FFORM, c/o 33 Castle Lane, Bolsover. S44 6PS after the event.